LabourList has been sent the following longlist for Labour’s Streatham parliamentary selection by a reliable source:
- Bell Ribeiro-Addy – Chief of staff and political advisor to Diane Abbott
- Alisa Flemming – Croydon councillor
- Elizabeth Baptiste – Waltham Forest councillor
- Jennifer Brathwaite – Lambeth council deputy leader
- Marcia Cameron – Lambeth councillor
- Maxine James – Windrush generation activist and BAME officer
- Natasha Irons – Merton councillor
- Rachel Onikosi – Former Lewisham councillor
Labour’s national executive committee (NEC) has drawn up an all-women, all-BAME longlist for the constituency currently represented by ex-Labour, current Liberal Democrat MP Chuka Umunna. It has been announced that he will be standing in Two Cities at the next election.
Bell Ribeiro-Addy, backed by the Labour left and formally endorsed by Unite and Momentum, is widely seen as the frontrunner. It is not yet clear who the Corbynsceptics in the local party will get behind, but the most likely option is currently Maxine James.
Update, 9.40pm: There is some confusion as to whether Claudia Webbe has been longlisted. LabourList understands that two versions of the longlist exist. One version of the list was released without her name. This article will be updated once the situation has been worked out and clarified.