By Alex Smith / @alexsmith1982
* Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling will settle on the date of the budget today – thought to be March 24th.
* In a major speech on the economy this morning, the PM will say the UK is now “weathering the storm” of economic downturn, but that now is “no time to turn back”.
* The old party politics is not fit for the hour, the Guardian leader says.
* As the YouGov Tracking poll shows the Tory lead down to 4 points, the Independent asks: Have Ashcroft’s millions fatally wounded the Tories?
* Alan Johnson has said Tory crime figures are “concocted”.
* Lord Paul is to be investigated by House of Lords authorities over expenses claims.
* Sarah Bryant, the first British woman solider killed in Afghanistan, was “inadequately trained and lacked equipment”, a coroner finds, delivering a verdict of unlawful killing.
* British Airways and Network Rail staff could both strike over Easter.
More from LabourList
Our plan to reform support for those out of work would offer new security to all
Ashworth says latest poverty figures a “devastating verdict” on Tory record
To stop further loss of life in the Channel, the Tories must back a safe passage visa