We use this page to advertise roles, also publicised on journalism.co.uk…
Job title: Reporter
Salary: £24,000-£27,000, depends on experience
LabourList is looking for a journalist to join our team. The ideal candidate is a skilled reporter, who is knowledgeable about politics and interested in writing about the Labour Party. They should be able to write clean and accurate copy quickly and to easily identify a news line. They must have an eye for detail and the personal skills to develop contacts across the labour movement.
Our reporter will report to the editor. They will be prepared to work on a rota that includes shifts extending beyond normal office hours, including weekends. The position is open to applicants living across the UK. This is a full-time position on a one-year contract.
- News reporting, writing quickly and accurately
- Proofreading and sub-editing copy
- Producing social media content
- Picture editing, sourcing and selecting the most appropriate images
- Developing the website’s multimedia content
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A journalism qualification and/or experience in journalism
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write and edit copy accurately and quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, including the ability to work with WordPress
- Deep knowledge of British politics and good knowledge of the Labour Party
- Support for the values of the Labour Party
Closing date: 22nd November 2021
Interview/start dates: Further stages in November and December, for job start in January.
Application details: To apply, send a one-page cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you are right for the role; your CV; and three links to, or examples of, your journalism.