Labour will today launch their “Business Manifesto” in an effort to win support from the business community. Titled Labour’s Plan For Business, the manifesto will be launched with a speech from Ed Miliband to Bloomberg this morning, in which he will warn of the dangers of leaving the EU posed by the Tories’s referendum pledge. We need to create more, better jobs and that means backing businesses. The Tories are putting jobs at risk with threats to leave the EU. […]
Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls will say today that Labour’s first Budget will cut business rates for 1.5 million small business properties – and then freeze them the following year – as part of the party’s “Better Plan for Small...
After last week’s “Battle For Number 10″ on Channel 4 and Sky (which we covered with a liveblog and post-interview analysis), this coming Thursday sees a proper debate between the leaders of seven political parties. Last week’s...
Hunt says Labour would get rid of Ofsted’s “avalanche of bureaucracy” in favour of peer review system
Tristram Hunt, Shadow Education Secretary, has said that Labour would replace Osted’s“avalanche of bureaucracy” with a peer review system. Hunt made this announcement at the Association of Teachers and Lecturers annual conference where he praised...
- Labour take 14 point lead in London
- Martin Freeman and David Tennant star in new Labour election broadcast
- Did David Cameron use his speech on steps of Downing St to attack Labour with “totally made up figures”?
While EU Trade Chiefs acknowledged that negotiations for the massive EU-US trade deal would take longer than anticipated, Labour Members of the European Parliament have put their plan into motion to ensure that no deal will be concluded unless public...
The Labour party is not a staid, safe and secure party ensconced in Westminster. It is not enshrined in a single man or woman. It is not hidden away behind bricks and mortar. It is not a piece of writing on a card, a book of rules or a group of MPs in...
Speed kills. In an election campaign taking place in an ever-faster news cycle, with over-reaction piled on top of over-reaction, it will be hard to separate true facts from dramatic but misleading noise. Opinion polls will be at the heart of this process....
- The truth is that South Thanet should never have been blue – let alone in danger of turning purple
- I hate Labour’s immigration mug – but I hate their immigration pledge even more
- It’s time for the Tories to come clean on their secret £12billion plan to hit children, carers, families and disabled people
Labour will have a new election broadcast airing tonight. It features Martin Freeman, star of The Office, The Hobbit and Sherlock, talking directly to camera about “the choice” in the election,...
As Scottish Labour’s latest video shows, it’s 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down with a vote of no confidence. This was won by one vote, in which the SNP supported...
Scottish Labour’s latest video: 36 years today since the SNP voted with the Tories to bring down Callaghan’s government
Today it is 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down by a vote of no confidence, resulting in the general election months later that brought Margaret Thatcher to power. The government...
- Labour launches attack video: “Why David Cameron wouldn’t debate Ed Miliband”
- I leave this House feeling a huge amount of gratitude, but also with some concern – Gordon Brown’s valedictory speech in full
- The Tory speech that received a standing ovation from Labour MPs