“Work and home is what One Nation is about – family life, how people live everyday life.” That’s what Jon Cruddas – the man who will in all likelihood write Labour’s next manifesto – told the Guardian the party’s policy review is focused on. And it sounds so simple – doesn’t it? Critics will say it’s too simplistic a definition (and they’d be right – I’m cherry picking here), but it’s also a brilliant example of the distance between most [...]
Vicky Foxcroft has been selected by Lewisham Deptford CLP as the party’s candidate for 2015 at a selection meeting this afternoon. Here’s a brief biography: Vicky grew up in the North West in a single parent household, and was the first person...
The Labour Party have this afternoon suspended the selection process for Falkirk, after concerns were raised about “membership recruitment”. We understand that Ed Miliband was “keen to act swiftly” as the selection process was...
Earlier this week we brought you a decidedly dodgy bar chart from the Tories, but it seems that they’re not the only party in Camden adopting dubious use of bar charts. Step forward Camden Lib Dems, with this classic of the dodgy Lib Dem bar chart...
- Labour’s policy process explained
- Miliband hits out at Google over tax avoidance – whilst their Chief Exec advises Cameron
- David Cameron in his own words – He hates “banging on about Europe”
Stephen Twigg, Labour’s Shadow Education Secretary is one of the more thoughtful and pragmatic individuals to hold this vitally important brief for some time. To his credit Stephen has been out and about these past two years listening to pupils, teachers,...
It is interesting to see that the Labour Party is returning to the vexed issue of its parliamentary selection process. The changes may be well and good. But maybe we should be asking a bigger question – are we witnessing the end of working class...
As the dissection into UKIP’s electoral success continues, a predictable panic has began to set in amongst Tory activists across the country. I don’t blame them. But despite the temptation to sit back and enjoy the schadenfreude, the Labour party...
- All voters will remember is that the Tories are giving them a referendum – and that Labour isn’t
- Better off on the relay team: 10 reasons why the EU is good for Britain
- Just a step to the right: changing attitudes to poverty and welfare
Labour’s new Party Election Broadcast has been released online. It’s built around Ed Miliband’s recent campaign visits on his “soapbox” – and on the importance of giving...
The Labour Party have released the first in what is expected to be a series of Local Elections Diary videos from Ed Miliband (although it’s not strictly speaking a diary – it’s more of...
- Labour’s latest Party Political Broadcast – ‘Made by the Many’
- Miliband responds to Blair critique
- George Galloway praises the “cohesive, pristine, innocent culture” of North Korea