Welsh Labour have a huge 15 point lead over the Conservatives, according to new polling. The latest YouGov research for ITV shows that Labour are up four points from their result in 2010, when they won 30 of the 40 Westminster seats in Wales. The Tories are down just one point, the Lib Dems are down 15, UKIP are up 12 and Plaid Cyrmu’s support has remained static. The standings suggest Labour could be on course to win around 75% […]
On the day that Plaid Cymru launch their manifesto, their former leader Daffyd Elis-Thomas has said that he has “no issue” with Wales voting for Labour. Elis-Thomas, now a Plaid peer, said he did not think the Welsh people had been “convinced”...
National Executive Committee Report by Local Government Representatives Jim McMahon and Alice Perry The March NEC meeting covered a range of different areas including the...
Only one-third of people support the Tories’ latest right-to-buy proposals, a poll has found. YouGov have done polling for The Times in which they’ve found only one-third of people think the Conservatives latest plans for right-to-buy...
- There has been a “big and meaningful shift” in attitudes towards Miliband, poll finds
- Almost two-thirds of people want some form of public ownership of the railways, polls finds
- Balls pledges Business rate cut for 1.5 million small businesses in first budget
Last year Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, the Chairman of the Conservative Party, threatened to sue me, a constituent of his, for libelling him on Facebook about his alter-ego as an internet marketing millionaire called Michael Green. He initially demanded damages...
The SNP’s argument that the way to get a Labour Government is to vote against Labour doesn’t stack up
We are only on day two of the formal General Election campaign, but already we have learned a lot about the choice facing the people of Scotland on 7 May. Let’s start with Labour’s positive offer. We have a plan to make Scotland the fairest nation...
This government’s extraordinary hike in court fees risks turning access to justice yet further into the sole preserve of the wealthy or those who have clear cut cases that lawyers know they can win. If we believe that a judicial system is reflective...
- Transport is the lifeblood of London, its communities and its opportunities
- Miliband’s carefully calibrated balancing act
- Steering TTIP in the right direction: Labour’s plan in the European Parliament put into action
Labour will have a new election broadcast airing tonight. It features Martin Freeman, star of The Office, The Hobbit and Sherlock, talking directly to camera about “the choice” in the election,...
As Scottish Labour’s latest video shows, it’s 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down with a vote of no confidence. This was won by one vote, in which the SNP supported...
Scottish Labour’s latest video: 36 years today since the SNP voted with the Tories to bring down Callaghan’s government
Today it is 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down by a vote of no confidence, resulting in the general election months later that brought Margaret Thatcher to power. The government...
- Labour launches attack video: “Why David Cameron wouldn’t debate Ed Miliband”
- I leave this House feeling a huge amount of gratitude, but also with some concern – Gordon Brown’s valedictory speech in full
- The Tory speech that received a standing ovation from Labour MPs