That’s it. Enough is enough. I try to be reasonable. But you can only push somebody so far. It’s time to sort this out once and for all. I am fed up with this huge and growing army of sycophants and cheerleaders constantly bigging up Ed Miliband, and making helpful or supportive interventions on his behalf. The list is endless. Let’s shine a spotlight on the guilty men and women. There’s… well, there’s… er… you know… er… thingy… on a [...]
Ed Miliband is addressing Google’s Bug Tent tomorrow, and is expected to attack them over tax avoidance. So the slick Downing Street operation presumably want to get out ahead of that, right? Not quite. Here’s a selection of the headlines...
Subscribers to our morning email get the best of LabourList – including the Media and blog round up – every weekday morning. If you were a subscriber you would have already received this in your inbox. You can sign up here. Labour proposes teachers...
From: HERBERT, Nick Sent: 20 May 2013 16:29 To: HERBERT, Nick Subject: Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill – voting today Dear Colleague Thank you for your support for the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill at Second Reading. You will be...
- Whitewash report claims that there’s no such thing as DWP “league tables” for sanctions
- Labour’s Equal marriage Bill amendment on Civil Partnerships
- Is Ed Miliband picking a fight with Google?
Most people like to think that we live in a society that is fair and equal but for some it is still not equal at all. When it comes to TV presenters, women disappear when they reach over the age of 50. As part of the work of the Older Women’s Commission,...
We do not stigmatise your country, Deputy Prime Minister. It is you and your party we find distasteful
Last Saturday a senior European politician wrote an article in the British press which made you want to shout at the computer screen. Not such an unusual event, you might think, but this was not a debater’s disagreement as one might have had with...
This week has brought the role of party members and activists back to the front pages. That’s rather unusual to be honest – and rightly so, as party members (swivel eyed and otherwise) make up only 1% of the British population. Being a party...
- Equal Marriage is the most important thing – but Labour can’t let Equal Civil Partnerships get the “long grass” treatment
- Until Cameron spells out exactly what he wants to “renegotiate”, we’re all “Don’t Knows” on the Europe question
- Why are the Tories putting a price on loving commitment?
Labour’s new Party Election Broadcast has been released online. It’s built around Ed Miliband’s recent campaign visits on his “soapbox” – and on the importance of giving...
The Labour Party have released the first in what is expected to be a series of Local Elections Diary videos from Ed Miliband (although it’s not strictly speaking a diary – it’s more of...
- Labour’s latest Party Political Broadcast – ‘Made by the Many’
- Miliband responds to Blair critique
- George Galloway praises the “cohesive, pristine, innocent culture” of North Korea