A cleaner met me on the corridor the other day as I was leaving the office and gave me a huge hug. “Thank you, City Mayor,” she told me “that’s been the best news for years.” After I had recovered from my embarrassment, I realised what she was talking about. Salford had just introduced the full Living Wage – becoming the first local authority in Greater Manchester to implement a full Living Wage of £7.45 for every member of staff [...]
Subscribers to our morning email get the best of LabourList – including the Media and blog round up – every weekday morning. If you were a subscriber you would have already received this in your inbox. You can sign up here. TUC suggests Football...
Party Organisation The General Secretary (GS) noted the party’s good performance in the recent Local, Mayoral and South Shields elections and thanked all members, activists and staff for their contribution to that success. The committee discussed...
Following yesterday’s attack in Woolwich, Leader of the Labour Group on the London Assembly Len Duvall AM said: “The attack in Woolwich was horrific, the actions of local people in response and the head-teacher and staff at the school are a reflection...
- The theories that will occupy security forces after Woolwich – Media roundup: May 23rd, 2013
- Ed Miliband statement on Woolwich murder
- Equal marriage – How every Labour MP voted at every stage of the bill
In four weeks time the Chancellor will announce the results of the 2015 spending Review. There won’t be many winners but some will have lost more than others. Political commentators and discussion forums will pass judgement and public sector managers...
In less than a month’s time, the UK hosts the G8 Summit. With hunger, tax, trade and transparency all on the agenda, the UK has a unique opportunity to show global leadership on these issues. The scale of hunger is devastating. There is enough food...
Woolwich is an amazing place. It’s where the Labour party was founded as a mass membership organization. The Woolwich Provident was one of Britain’s first building societies. The Royal Arsenal Coop one of our first cooperative societies. Woolwich...
- If Labour is to build One Nation, it must be a safe and equal one for women
- The chutzpah of Peter Mandelson – and why we need more trade unionists
- Where are the women over 50 on our TV screens?
Labour’s new Party Election Broadcast has been released online. It’s built around Ed Miliband’s recent campaign visits on his “soapbox” – and on the importance of giving...
The Labour Party have released the first in what is expected to be a series of Local Elections Diary videos from Ed Miliband (although it’s not strictly speaking a diary – it’s more of...
- Labour’s latest Party Political Broadcast – ‘Made by the Many’
- Miliband responds to Blair critique
- George Galloway praises the “cohesive, pristine, innocent culture” of North Korea