Labour will today launch their “Business Manifesto” in an effort to win support from the business community. Titled Labour’s Plan For Business, the manifesto will be launched with a speech from Ed Miliband to Bloomberg this morning, in which he will warn of the dangers of leaving the EU posed by the Tories’s referendum pledge. We need to create more, better jobs and that means backing businesses. The Tories are putting jobs at risk with threats to leave the EU. […]
On Friday we reported that in the latest Guardian/ICM poll, Labour had surged to a 10 point lead in London. Now a poll done by ComRes for ITV News has put Labour even further ahead in London, on 46% to the Tories’ 32%. This 14 point lead is the...
Labour will have a new election broadcast airing tonight. It features Martin Freeman, star of The Office, The Hobbit and Sherlock, talking directly to camera about “the choice” in the election, and a voiceover from Doctor Who and Broadchurch...
Did David Cameron use his speech on steps of Downing St to attack Labour with “totally made up figures”?
After visiting the Queen at noon today to confirm the dissolution of Parliament, David Cameron made an election campaign speech on the steps of 10 Downing Street, where he accused Labour of planning to raise taxes for working families by £3,000. However,...
- John McDonnell says Labour backbenchers would force Miliband to abandon austerity
- Cameron could use Fixed Term Parliaments Act to cling to power
- Miliband launches Labour’s “Business Manifesto” – Full speech text
The Labour party is not a staid, safe and secure party ensconced in Westminster. It is not enshrined in a single man or woman. It is not hidden away behind bricks and mortar. It is not a piece of writing on a card, a book of rules or a group of MPs in...
Speed kills. In an election campaign taking place in an ever-faster news cycle, with over-reaction piled on top of over-reaction, it will be hard to separate true facts from dramatic but misleading noise. Opinion polls will be at the heart of this process....
There’s a lot of interest in the exact Dulux colour composition of Farage’s purple peril. We’ve already had the Ribena test, and this week a City AM piece sought to disentangle ‘red Ukip’ from ‘blue Ukip’ – the Labour component of Nigel...
- I hate Labour’s immigration mug – but I hate their immigration pledge even more
- It’s time for the Tories to come clean on their secret £12billion plan to hit children, carers, families and disabled people
- The Tories won’t deliver a 7-day a week NHS, they’ll cut it
Labour will have a new election broadcast airing tonight. It features Martin Freeman, star of The Office, The Hobbit and Sherlock, talking directly to camera about “the choice” in the election,...
As Scottish Labour’s latest video shows, it’s 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down with a vote of no confidence. This was won by one vote, in which the SNP supported...
Scottish Labour’s latest video: 36 years today since the SNP voted with the Tories to bring down Callaghan’s government
Today it is 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down by a vote of no confidence, resulting in the general election months later that brought Margaret Thatcher to power. The government...
- Labour launches attack video: “Why David Cameron wouldn’t debate Ed Miliband”
- I leave this House feeling a huge amount of gratitude, but also with some concern – Gordon Brown’s valedictory speech in full
- The Tory speech that received a standing ovation from Labour MPs