Labour will today launch their “Business Manifesto” in an effort to win support from the business community. Titled Labour’s Plan For Business, the manifesto will be launched with a speech from Ed Miliband to Bloomberg this morning, in which he will warn of the dangers of leaving the EU posed by the Tories’s referendum pledge. We need to create more, better jobs and that means backing businesses. The Tories are putting jobs at risk with threats to leave the EU. […]
Did David Cameron use his speech on steps of Downing St to attack Labour with “totally made up figures”?
After visiting the Queen at noon today to confirm the dissolution of Parliament, David Cameron made an election campaign speech on the steps of 10 Downing Street, where he accused Labour of planning to raise taxes for working families by £3,000. However,...
John McDonnell, MP for Hayes and Harlington, has warned that if Labour are the largest party in May, they may have to change some of their current economic policies because of opposition from MPs. In an interview with the New Statesman, McDonnell, who...
Labour are seeking advice to formulate a plan to remove David Cameron from office if he attempts to cling on without a majority in May. There are concerns that if the election result sees Labour as the second largest party, but able to command a majority...
- Miliband launches Labour’s “Business Manifesto” – Full speech text
- Tory Minister puts photo of prominent campaigner against Tory welfare cuts on her election leaflet
- Has there been a post-debate “Milibounce”? Signs are good, but lets not get carried away
The Labour party is not a staid, safe and secure party ensconced in Westminster. It is not enshrined in a single man or woman. It is not hidden away behind bricks and mortar. It is not a piece of writing on a card, a book of rules or a group of MPs in...
Speed kills. In an election campaign taking place in an ever-faster news cycle, with over-reaction piled on top of over-reaction, it will be hard to separate true facts from dramatic but misleading noise. Opinion polls will be at the heart of this process....
There’s a lot of interest in the exact Dulux colour composition of Farage’s purple peril. We’ve already had the Ribena test, and this week a City AM piece sought to disentangle ‘red Ukip’ from ‘blue Ukip’ – the Labour component of Nigel...
- I hate Labour’s immigration mug – but I hate their immigration pledge even more
- It’s time for the Tories to come clean on their secret £12billion plan to hit children, carers, families and disabled people
- The Tories won’t deliver a 7-day a week NHS, they’ll cut it
As Scottish Labour’s latest video shows, it’s 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down with a vote of no confidence. This was won by one vote, in which the SNP supported...
Scottish Labour’s latest video: 36 years today since the SNP voted with the Tories to bring down Callaghan’s government
Today it is 36 years since Jim Callaghan’s government was brought down by a vote of no confidence, resulting in the general election months later that brought Margaret Thatcher to power. The government...
After last night’s (not actually a) TV debate, Labour HQ have launched the following video comparing Cameron and Miliband’s performances: They still want a head to head debate…and so...
- I leave this House feeling a huge amount of gratitude, but also with some concern – Gordon Brown’s valedictory speech in full
- The Tory speech that received a standing ovation from Labour MPs
- Cameron gets shouted down at Age UK rally